Following are the procedure for obtaining DIN Number:
A) Documents Required for Applying DIN Number(Scanned):
1) High resolution photograph of the applicant
2) PAN is mandatory now. So copy of pan is mandatory for identity, name, father's name and date of birth.
3) Proof of father's name is not required in the case of foreign nationals
4) Copy of passport is mandatory as an id proof in the case of foreign nationals.
5) Present Address proof which should not be older than 2 months"
6) Annexure - 1 as per the format given on the website
DIN application fee of Rs. 100/‐ is payable w.e.f. 1st July, 2007.
C) Form Required:
DIN shall have to make an application in e-Form DIN 1
1) E-Form DIN‐1 has to follow the offline e-Filing process
2) Attach the photograph and scanned copy of supporting documents i.e. proof of identity, and proof of residence as per the guidelines. Physical documents are not required to submit at DIN cell.
3) Along with the supporting documents, verification by the applicant for applying for allotment of Director Identification Number (DIN) shall also be attached. This shall contain the Name, Father’s name, date of birth, present address and text of declaration and physical signature of the applicant.
4) The e-Form shall have to be digitally signed and shall be uploaded on MCA21 portal.
5) Pay the fees for DIN1 e-Form. Only electronic payment of the fees shall be allowed (I.e. Net banking / Credit Card). No challan payment will be accepted under revised procedure of DIN allotment.
6) The user is required to get himself/ herself registered on the MCA21 Portal to obtain login id, which is necessary for payment of the fees. After obtaining the login‐id, Login to the MCA21 portal and click on 'e-Form upload' link available under the 'e-Forms' tab for uploading the e-Form DIN 1. E-Form DIN‐1 will be processed only after the DIN application fee is paid.
7) The e-Form DIN 1 should be digitally signed by a practicing professional (CA/ CS/ CWA).